Every Vienna Instruments collection comes with both the Vienna Instruments player and Vienna Ensemble. Get Vienna Instruments PRO and Vienna Ensemble Pro 5 to add another layer of expression to Vienna Instruments and improve your workflow.
This Vienna Instruments Collection is the sequel to Solo Strings I, offering all-new articulations and sonic subtleties. Solo Strings II contains many of the playing techniques that the first Collection includes, but played “con sordino” (with mutes). Playing with mutes dampens the transmission of energy from the strings to the body of the instrument and softens or darkens the sound. Muted string instruments lend themselves well to soft, intimate arrangements and solo parts, and provide nuanced variations to any kind of musical style with their different structure of overtones and harmonics. Only wooden mutes crafted by a special instrument maker have been used in order to fit perfectly to the bridge of each instrument.
The Solo Strings II Collection contains articulations such as muted short and long notes, crescendo and diminuendo variations, as well as Interval Performances like legato, portamento, and trills. Furthermore, additional Performance Legatos with very long notes have been recorded for use in slower parts. Thus, every single pitch and velocity is available in 24 variations, and going the extra mile proved worthwhile!
The four soloists Christian Eisenberger, Katharina Traunfellner, Ruben Dubrovski, and Martin Deuring have invested their life’s work and hard-won experience, both from their international concert performances as well as from several years of working for the Vienna Symphonic Library, into this collection. Sensitive and clear, exact and homogeneous-their performances at the Silent Stage are technically perfect and come alive again in this Vienna Instrument.
Minimum System Requirements
- PC Windows 7 (latest Service Pack, 32/64-bit), Intel Core 2 Duo or AMD Athlon 64 X2
- Mac OS X 10.6 (latest update), Intel Core 2 Duo
- 2 GB RAM (4 GB recommended)
- ViennaKey (Vienna Symphonic Library USB protection device) or other USB eLicenser (e.g., from Steinberg or Arturia)
- eLicenser Control Center software (get the latest version from www.eLicenser.net)
- 46.5 GB available hard drive space
Other configurations might work but are not actively supported.
- PC Windows 7 (latest Service Pack, 64-bit), Intel i5/i7/Xeon
- Mac OS X 10.7 (latest update), i5/i7/Xeon
- Fast separate hard drive (7200 rpm or faster)
- AU/VST/AAX Native/RTAS compatible host (also works stand-alone)
- RTAS version requires Pro Tools 7.3 or higher
- 88 key master keyboard