Why Choose Little Fish Audio?
Choosing the right tools for your recording studio can be quite an endeavor! With more choices available today than ever before, the noise-floor of salesmanship, bluster, and gear lust, seems to be loudest with those who have the least, truly PRACTICAL experience in the field. We are a group of recording engineers from Miami, Fl and beyond, who have learned to trust our ears first, and want to embolden YOU to do the likewise.
Our pledge is to treat our clients the same way that we would want to be treated, with respect, and given our full attention. There are plenty of places to pickup your next bit of kit (as the British would say). Ultimately, our focus is to edify our customers and site visitors with trustworthy, “bleeding edge” recording technology; embolden them to make sound decisions on the tools that will shape their recordings on their own. We have found that the recording and mixing learning curve has been relatively steep for us, and looking back, a lot of the hard work and confusion has been needless. We continue to fall back on training and trusting our ears. As a company, the following summarizes our core beliefs:
- We believe in lowering the noise floor. There is more ballyhoo and marketing-speak in the music making marketplace than ever before, which has made choosing appropriate tools incredibly difficult for even the most well trained veteran recordist.
- We believe that developing our ears through playful experimentation with recording and mixing tools should be fun; intellectually, aesthetically, and even spiritually fulfilling. We relish the rough cut, and the final mastered mix.
- We believe in relationships. Because we have been the beneficiaries of support from mentors, friends, colleagues, and fellow travelers in the recording studio over the last two decades. We cannot keep the knowledge that we have received unless we give it away! Great relationships are what we value above all else.
- We believe in furthering music recording as an art-form; making great studio recording available to the starving artist and the multi-platinum artist alike.
- We embrace the economic realities of the music industry. Earning a living in the recording industry has NEVER been as difficult as it is today. At the same time, the technology needed to make great recordings has never been less expensive!
- We embrace technology. The tech landscape has changed the way that we make music. The quality of digital modeling and DSP has made sound inside the computer indistinguishable from sound running though chaings of vintage analog processing. Technology presents new techniques to workflow, and gives us more choices on HOW to create a record. More choices, does indeed have its issues.
- We do our best to eschew gear-snobbery, because we have been gear snobs and it isn’t very becoming. Fixating on the gear, and not the recording process, is a recipe for confusion, upset, and financial ruin. Some of our FAVORITE tools are our most inexpensive tools.
We our honored to have you as a site visitor, prospective client, or long time customer.
FREE SHIPPING ON ITEMS OVER $99 IN CONTINENTAL US
LFA Warranty: ONE With Everything
Adds an Extra Year FREE:
- One year warranty = two!
- Two year warranty = three!
- Three year warranty = four!
- And so on…
Our Extended Warranty:
- Is Free Of Charge, You Just Pay Our Regular Web Price*
- Adds One Year Coverage to Manufacturer’s Written Warranty Period
- Does Not Alter Eligibility Or Require Additional Registration On Your Part
What Is Covered:
- All Brand New Items Purchased at Little Fish Audio at Web Price*
- Any Parts & Labor Repairs Normally Eligible Under Repair Warranty
- New Purchases, We Extend Coverage To The Original Buyer (Not Transferable)
Why Our Warranty Rocks
- It’s Real, And Isn’t Full Of Slick Wording That Negates Our Duty To Help
- It Actually Adds To The Warranty Period, It’s Not Concurrent or Parallel
- Created by People Who Use Gear, Not Lawyers Playing With Legal Language
Our Philosophy Behind It
After pondering how we could offer more peace of mind coverage to Little Fish Audio customers, I was shocked to see so many respected sellers out there using slick language to literally trick buyers into thinking they were getting so much more, until you read and actually understand the fine print. One “Free 2 Year Warranty” turns out to be concurrent, which means it runs from the time you purchase the gear and doesn’t extend any warranties that are 2 years or over. Another “Extended Warranty” lists almost 30 ways they don’t cover you, and several of those listed literally state that it doesn’t have to really cover you anyhow.
While our free warranty doesn’t add protection for things like abuse or non-warranty conditions, nor does it imply liability on the part of Little Fish Audio, it actually extends what the gear maker put in writing concerning coverage time frames on parts and labor repair issues. We have no disclaimers to add!
Be sure to register your new gear purchase with the manufacturer, upon receipt, to receive coverage from them (and for us to be able to extend that established coverage).
If You Need Help
- Contact Little Fish Audio With Original Purchase Info, and Description Of The Problem
- Little Fish Audio Will Instruct You How and Where to Send the Gear For Service
- Ship the Gear Using the Info Supplied by Little Fish Audio, You Will Be Contacted Upon Receipt
If you should have any questions about this or any other info at Little Fish Audio, please contact us for clarity. Happy customers make us a happy dealer!
LFA Warranty was launched on May 8th, 2014 and covers purchases completed after this date.
*Discounted items whether purchased alone, with free items or in a discounted package are not regular web price and not eligible for extended warranty. If an item lists free cables, you are welcome to select this extended warranty instead (you choose one or the other).
0% Interest Financing
USA customers can apply online for 0% financing during checkout, it’s quick and easy!
Consumer Financing USA
- Consumer Financing
- How Do I Apply?
View our quick how-to video on YouTube
- Orders $299 to $798.99
6 Months 0% Interest
- Orders $799 to $1999.99
12 Months 0% Interest
- Orders $2000 and up
18 Months 0% Interest With Planned Payments
- Apply During Checkout
- Instant + Online = Easy
- Klarna Payments Website
- *Not available in West Virginia and New Hampshire
- Consumer Financing
- Apply Within Your PayPal Account
- Once Approved, Select as Funding Source
- No Payment and No Interest Offers Vary
- PayPal Credit
Needs change, preferences change, studios evolve, and with this we need new gear! Wouldn’t it be nice to have a retailer that will take your used gear in exchange for new, fully warranted stuff?
*Trade in credit towards our published retail price.
Need to cash out on your recording equipment?
We often pay top dollar for select gear, and on occasion buy out entire recording studios!
How do I trade in or sell LFA my recording gear?
- Let us know what you would like to send our way, and what you would like in return. Please state the functional and cosmetic condition.
- If we are interested in trade or cash for your gear, we will let you know.
- For trade – you must send your equipment to us first. Once it has been inspected (usually within 2 business days of receipt) we will fulfill your order.
- For cash – you must send us your equipment (insured shipping) and a paypal invoice (to sales @urbanrecordingcompany.com). Once it has been inspected (usually within 2 business days of receipt) and we verify cosmetics and functionality we will promptly pay your Paypal invoice.
How much can I expect to receive in cash or trade credit?
This is completely dependent on product demand and the condition of your equipment.
Our cash offers range from 25-55% of new retail price.
We offer credit at 45-70% of new retail price. This credit is to be used towards new equipment or software at full published price.