This Vienna Instruments Collection is the sequel to Chamber Strings I, offering all-new articulations and sonic subtleties for the small string ensembles. Chamber Strings II contains lots of the playing techniques which the first Collection includes, but played “con sordino” (with mutes). They lend themselves well to soft, intimate arrangements, and gives nuanced variations to your orchestral pallet. The muted chamber ensembles are a refined addition to your treasure chest of string varieties from Vienna!
The Chamber Strings II collection provides several facets of short and sustained notes, crescendos and diminuendos, but also includes Vienna’s unique Interval Performances, including legato, portamento, and trill performances. Each of the recorded samples were completed by an accomplished ensemble of string players who’ve been lending their talents and their international experience to the Vienna Symphonic Library for many years. This collection reflects their mastery over their instruments, bringing the ability of chamber music alive in your personal studio.
The Chamber Strings II Full Library contains 17 GB of uncompressed sample data in 44.1kHz/24-bit. Due to an innovative optimization process, the Vienna Instruments engine decompresses the samples in real-time, so that they take up only 11 GB of space on your hard disk. Please note: Even if you licensed the Standard Library only, the Full Library of your Collection gets installed on your hard drive since Standard and Extended Library can’t be separated due to structural database requirements.
Your purchase also entitles you to download the free Vienna Instruments player software which includes theVienna Ensemble mixing and host software.
- PC Windows 7 (latest Service Pack, 32/64-bit), Intel Core 2 Duo or AMD Athlon 64 X2
- Mac OS X 10.6 (latest update), Intel Core 2 Duo
- 2 GB RAM (4 GB recommended)
- ViennaKey (Vienna Symphonic Library USB protection device) or other USB eLicenser (e.g., from Steinberg or Arturia)
- eLicenser Control Center software (get the latest version from www.eLicenser.net)
- 17.1 GB free hard drive space
- Other configurations may work but are not actively supported.
- PC Windows 7 (latest Service Pack, 64-bit), Intel i5/i7/Xeon
- Mac OS X 10.7 (latest update), i5/i7/Xeon
- Fast separate hard drive (7200 rpm or faster)
- AU/VST/AAX Native/RTAS compatible host (also works stand-alone)
- RTAS version requires Pro Tools 7.3 or higher
- 88 key master keyboard