A Bandwidth and Connectivity Boost for your Apollo Audio Interface.
The Thunderbolt™ Option Card for the Apollo audio interface provides greater UAD plug-in instances, improved performance at higher sample rates, and reduced UAD plug-in latency versus Apollo’s standard FireWire connection. Based on Intel’s new Thunderbolt technology, as found on the latest generation iMacs, MacBook Pros, and MacBook Airs (and upcoming PCs*), the Thunderbolt Option Card offers unrivaled bandwidth and next-generation connectivity for the Apollo interface.
Features & Specs:
- Enables Thunderbolt technology for Apollo DUO and QUAD Audio Interfaces
- Provides greater UAD plug-in instances, improved performance at higher sample rates, and reduced plug-in latency versus FireWire
- 2 Thunderbolt ports supply bus power for convenient daisy-chaining of peripherals
- Allows Apollo’s built-in FireWire ports to be repurposed as a FireWire 800 hub over Thunderbolt
- Easy user installation – tool and instructions included
- Requires Apollo audio interface available from authorized dealers worldwide
- Thunderbolt cable sold separately
The user-installable Thunderbolt Option Card includes two Thunderbolt ports, and easily slides into the expansion bay of the Apollo. Bus power is provided to all downstream Thunderbolt devices, allowing music producers to connect numerous devices in series with the Apollo interface — including hard drives, processors, and computer displays — all with fast, flawless performance.
When the Thunderbolt Option Card is engaged, Apollo’s FireWire 800 ports are instantly reconfigured as a hub for connecting FireWire devices, such as a hard drive or a UAD-2 Satellite.
* Compatible with Mac OS X 10.6 and 10.7; Windows 7 support coming 2012.