Analog Summing Unit with 16 Inserts
The MixDream is a cascadable, 16-in-2 analog summing device. Any DAW or digital console can be expanded with active analog summing, channel and main bus and inserts and processing.
The MixDream discrete class A technology is based on a 60-volt rail (+/- 30V). This ensures extremely high slew rates, low noise level of -97dBu (A-weighted, all channels active) and a dynamic range of over 125dB. Thus the MixDream outperforms the technical level of the best analog consoles.
“So far, I’ve used three different summing systems with DAWs and I’ve noticed the biggest sonic improvement yet while using the MixDream.” Mix Magazine (US).
The MixDream is a cascadable, 16-in-2 analog outboard mixer in a 19“/2U format. Any DAW or digital console can be expanded with active analog stereo summing and insert functionality.
High-grade analog summing on just 2U rack space
- Sophisticated, active Class A/60V stages for analog summing in the quality of the best consoles
- 16 balanced inserts allow for integrated analog effects with individual and overall hard bypass relays
- Reduction of A/D conversions (14 A/D conversions can be spared with all inserts connected). All analog tracks can be summed before A/D conversion.
- Channel adjustments and automation (level, panorama etc.) remain controlled from the DAW so the user loses no digital efficiency
Lower DAW processor utilization rates
The most efficient possible re-sampling of individual tracks with latency free monitoring
Surround capable (from up to 3 MixDream units)
Channel capacity expandable through linked units
- Sensitive and transparent stereo expansion control
- Analog peak limiter for impressive loudness
- Master inserts and switchable output transformers from Lundahl
- Optimized signal pathes, all switching functions via relays
- Proprietary differential amplifiers for each input
- Discrete, exceptionally low-noise power supply