16+2 Channel Class-A Summing Unit
The MixDream is a cascadable, 16-in-2 analog summing device that expands any DAW with high-grade analog stereo summing functionality.
One MixDreamXP can sum up to 16 audio tracks to a stereo signal, and should the need arise for more than 16 tracks, several MixDreamXP may be linked together. Owners of a MixDream can expand this unit with the cost effective MixDreamXP at an identical quality level and by the way, that‘s where the suffix „XP“ comes from (=Expansion).
The MixDreamXP discrete class A technology is based on the same 60-volt rails (+/- 30V) used in the fully featured MixDream.
So far, I’ve used three different summing systems with DAWs and I’ve noticed the biggest sonic improvement yet while using the MixDream.” Mix Magazine (US).
The MixDream is a cascadable, 16-in-2 analog outboard mixer in a 19“/2U format. Any DAW or digital console can be expanded with active analog stereo summing and insert functionality.
High-grade analog summing on just 2U rack space
- Sophisticated, active Class A/60V stages for analog summing in the quality of the best consoles
- 16 balanced inserts allow for integrated analog effects with individual and overall hard bypass relays
- Reduction of A/D conversions (14 A/D conversions can be spared with all inserts connected). All analog tracks can be summed before A/D conversion.
- Channel adjustments and automation (level, panorama etc.) remain controlled from the DAW so the user loses no digital efficiency
Lower DAW processor utilization rates
The most efficient possible re-sampling of individual tracks with latency free monitoring
Surround capable (from up to 3 MixDream units)
Channel capacity expandable through linked units
- Sensitive and transparent stereo expansion control
- Analog peak limiter for impressive loudness
- Master inserts and switchable output transformers from Lundahl
- Optimized signal pathes, all switching functions via relays
- Proprietary differential amplifiers for each input
- Discrete, exceptionally low-noise power supply