Eight-channel D/A conversion via one analog output module with 8 channels of digital connectivity via one AES3 Digital I/O module
The Prism Sound Dream ADA-8XR converter provides eight channels of high-quality 24-bit, 192 kHz A/D and D/A conversion, allied with a wealth of sophisticated features for the most exacting applications in sound recording, mastering and broadcast. The Prism Sound ADA-8XR is ideal for location recording, stereo and surround mixing, mastering and monitoring, or as a flexible companion for your DAW or MDM. The ADA-8XR takes the philosophy of the widely-acclaimed Prism Sound converter range a stage further: For the first time, the same goals of ultimate sound quality and versatility have been realized in a multi-channel, 192 kHz-capable format.
- Built-in Prism Sound ‘SNS’ noise-shapers for ultimate 16-bit & 20-bit reductions
- Built-in Prism Sound ‘MR-X’ word-mapping for lossless recording up to 24-bit, 96 kHz on standard DA-88 or ADAT MDMs, or other 16 or 20-bit media
- Built-in Prism Sound ‘DRE’ function gives 24-bit performance on 16-bit media WITHOUT sacrificing tracks
- Stereo monitor, with headphones and analog AND digital line outputs, can monitor any input or output pair, or a panned stereo mix of all eight channels
- Electronically balanced, transformerless, galvanically isolated XLR analog inputs and outputs ensure freedom from noise pick-up and crosstalk, with software-controlled balance and line-up
- Ultimate Prism Sound clock-stability and jitter-rejection for crystal-clear imaging, with independent multiple PLLs for A/D and D/A paths
- Prism Sound ‘Over-killer’ selectable on analog inputs: the best-sounding gentle limiting for louder masters – with no ‘overs’
- Intuitive user interface, provides fast access to all I/O and processing functions; with continuous display of all settings
- Versatile eight-channel LED bargraph/status monitor can access all points in A/D or D/A signal paths
- Expandable DSP ‘processing’ module in each path
- All signal processing functions can be also be carried out in ‘D-D’ mode, including conversion between different interface formats
- Modular construction allows upgrading of all input and output cards (INCLUDING A/D, D/A, and DSP boards); no need to worry about future converter advances or new interface standards
- Internet-upgradeable software – loads from your PC or Mac into ‘flash’ memory inside the ADA-8XR
8C-DA 8-channel Analog Line Output (D/A converter) module: The 8C-DA Analog Line Output Module type PREV039/5/1 provides eight electronically-balanced analog output channels from the ADA 8XR, on eight male XLR connectors. Output line-up level (gain) is variable for each channel over the range 0dBFS=+5.0dBu to 0dBFS=+24.0dBu, in 0.5dBu steps plus a fine trim.Control of the output line-up level and trim is via menus which are present in the ADA-8XR Menu System if the Module is fitted.
8C-AES AES3 Digital I/O module: The 8C-AES AES3 I/O Module type PREV039/6/1 provides eight channels of digital audio input and output for the ADA-8XR on four AES3 carriers in each direction. The input and output sections of the module are completely independent – that is, they can be assigned to different Paths with different sample rates, Sync Sources and other options. The AES3 I/O module can be thought of as two modules in one – one input module and one output module.
The module can accommodate extended sample rates (up to 192kHz) in Split96 (two-wire) or high-speed (one-wire) modes, and can output consumer or professional Channel Status. Inputs and outputs may be jumpered to comply with either AES3 or S/PDIF carrier voltage levels and impedances.
|UNIT WEIGHT||20 lb|
|INPUT CONNECTORS||AES/EBU DB25, BNC|
|OUTPUT CONNECTORS||Analog XLR, BNC|
|CLOCK I/O||In, Out|
|MAXIMUM SAMPLING RATE||192 kHz|