Sixteen-channel A/D via two analog input modules with 16 channels of digital connectivity via two Pro Tools|HDX compatible interface modules
- controlled balance and line-up
- Ultimate Prism Sound clock-stability and jitter-rejection for crystal-clear imaging, with independent multiple PLLs for A/D and D/A paths
- Prism Sound ‘Over-killer’ selectable on analog inputs: the best-sounding gentle limiting for louder masters – with no ‘overs’
- Intuitive user interface, provides fast access to all I/O and processing functions; with continuous display of all settings
- Versatile eight-channel LED bargraph/status monitor can access all points in A/D or D/A signal paths
- Expandable DSP ‘processing’ module in each path
- All signal processing functions can be also be carried out in ‘D-D’ mode, including conversion between different interface formats
- Modular construction allows upgrading of all input and output cards (INCLUDING A/D, D/A, and DSP boards); no need to worry about future converter advances or new interface standards
- Internet-upgradeable software – loads from your PC or Mac into ‘flash’ memory inside the ADA-8XR
- (2) 8C-AD Analog Line Input (A/D converter) modules: The 8C-AD Analog Line Input Module type PREV039/4/2 provides eight electronically-balanced analog input channels to the ADA 8XR, on eight female XLR connectors. Input line-up level (sensitivity) is variable for each channel over the range 0dBFS=+5.0dBu to 0dBFS=+24.0dBu, in 0.5dBu steps plus a fine trim. Each channel has a Prism Sound Overkiller progressive limiter capability, which prevents the A/D converter from reaching full-scale, even when the input level significantly exceeds the selected input range. More information about the Prism Sound Overkiller can be found in the Technical Background section of the Operation Manual. Control of the input line-up level and trim, and of the Overkillers, is via menus which are present in the ADA-8XR Menu System if the Module is fitted.
- (2) 8C-PTHDX Pro Tools|HDX compatible interface modules: The 8C-PTHDX Pro Tools HDX Compatible interface module provides eight channels of digital audio input and output for the ADA-8XR in a form compatible with Avid Pro Tools|HDX workstations. The Pro Tools HD interface Module enables the ADA-8XR to replace Avid HD I/O interfaces, providing superior audio performance and additional features. To the Pro Tools|HDX software, an ADA-8XR fitted with a Pro Tools HDX compatible interface module looks similar to an Avid HD I/O and operates in a similar way, supporting sample rates up to 192 kHz.