Don’t kill that mouse—give it a companion.
Although a keyboard and mouse are tried-and-true DAW-control devices, they’re far more effective when used in tandem with the FaderPort™ 8’s precise tactile control over mix and automation functions. With 8 touch-sensitive, motorized, 100 mm faders and 65 buttons covering 78 different functions, you can quickly zoom in on audio files for editing, adjust your click-track tempo with a simple tap, modify plug-in parameters, manage aux mixes—and, of course, control track levels with the touch of a finger. With the FaderPort 8, you’ll enjoy the fastest, most efficient workflow you’ve ever experienced.
Universal compatibility and tight Studio One® integration.
FaderPort 8’s streamlined workflow and support for the Mackie Control and HUI protocols make it fast and easy to control virtually any DAW. No driver installation is necessary; just plug the control surface into a USB port and take command of your mix and plug-ins.
But the FaderPort 8 is downright magical when used with PreSonus Studio One. (Studio One Artist is included.) You’ll be amazed how much faster you can work.
- 8 touch-sensitive, 100 mm long-throw, motorized faders
- 8 Scribble Strip displays
- Complete recording-transport controls: Play, Stop, Fast Forward, Rewind, Record, Loop
- Drop Marker Next / Prev Marker Next / Prev Event
- General session controls: Undo / Redo, All Arm, Solo / Mute Clear, Track Management, Click On / Off with tap tempo
- Session Navigator provides quick control over track scrolling, channel banking, timeline scrolling, and much more
- Channel Controls: Level, Pan, Solo, Mute, Rec Arm
- Automation Controls: Touch, Latch, Trim, Write, Read, Off
- Optional Fader functionality: plug-in edit, bus sends, pan
- macOS® / Windows® compatible with native Studio One® support and HUI and Mackie Control Universal emulation *
- Footswitch input for hands-free start / stop
- USB 2.0 connectivity
* Please check the Tech Specs for full OS compatibility details..
Features may vary depending on your software.
Computer system requirements:
Below are the minimum computer-system requirements for the FaderPort™ 8:
- macOS® 10.8.5 or higher
- Intel® Core™ 2 Duo processor (Intel Core i3 or better recommended)
- Windows 10 x64/x86, Windows 8.1 x64/x86, Windows 7 x64/x86 SP1 + platform update
- Intel Core 2 Duo or AMD® Athlon™ X2 processor (Intel Core i3 or better recommended)
Windows and Mac Systems
- FaderPort 8 firmware 1.0.1 or later (requires Universal Control v.1.8.3 or later)
- USB 2.0 port
- Internet connection required for driver and bundled software installation
- Universal Control v.1.8.3 (for firmware updates)
PreSonus FaderPort 8 has been tested and approved to work with the following software:
- Native Mode
- PreSonus® Studio One® 3.3.2 or later
- HUI Emulation
- Supported by Pro Tools
- Mackie Universal Control Emulation*
- Supported by Logic, Cubase, Nuendo, Sonar, and Ableton
*Users of third-party DAWs not listed that support the Mackie Control protocol, such as Reason, Bitwig Studio, and Reaper, should contact their DAW vendor for support.
As a commitment to constant improvement, PreSonus Audio Electronics, Inc., reserves the right to change any specification stated herein, at any time, without notification.
Note: A firmware update is currently required for full functionality. Please download and install Universal Control version 1.8.3 or later and run the firmware updater when prompted. See the FaderPort 8 Owner’s Manual for instructions.