The Phoenix Audio DRS-EQ/500 is a mono 4 band EQ for the API 500 series, it was crafted to be identical in terms of attributes and sonics as the other Phoenix products in our range, and the EQ circuit is found in the DRSQ4M mk2 but in a fresh exciting format. The Gyrator EQ circuit was produced about 40 yrs ago and was originally designed to emulate the qualities of a coil or inductor EQ circuit without having the troubles that they can cause, the output is that our EQ circuit found in the DRSQ4M mk2 is a very strong but musical EQ perfect for building or crafting vocals, drums or instruments etc whilst still being able to be applied on mix bus duties.
The device runs at 24v thanks because of the unique power supply developed into the unit so it gives no sonic sacrifices whilst still keeping a very low current use needed for the API format and is well within its API VPR limits and has been authorized by API.
- Class A (DSOP-2) Output specs. Frequency response: 20Hz to 20kHz +- 0.5dB
- Maximum Output Level: +26dBu @ 1kHz
- Noise: -90dB @ 20Hz to 20kHz.
- Phoenix Audio’s unique Class A, buffer DSblip stage.
- Input level range: -10dBu to +10dBu
- Self-contained on-board “boost” PSU.
- Gain Meter: LED Metering. (Green = -2dB, +4dbu & +10dbu Yellow = +13dB, Red = +16dbu.
- High Pass Filter: Roll-off starts at 80Hz @ 12dB per Octave.
- Gyratory-based EQ Frequency Centres: (4 Bands) High – 15K, 10K, Hi Mid – 6K, 3K, 1K6, Low Mid – 800Hz, 400Hz, 200Hz, Low – 130Hz, 80Hz, 40Hz
- EQ Cut/Boost Levels: 16dB Cut/Boost Per Band, all EQ bands are stepped/detented to 21 positions for easy recall & stereo operations for mastering or the mix bus.
- DRS-EQ/500 has an overall output level with 15db of additional gain even when the EQ is in bypass, allows the output fader to be used to drive the output stage & transformer to colour & saturate your sound, again even when the EQ is in bypass.