Phoenix Sound is dedicated to the development of Class A discrete modern technology made use of within high build-quality equipment made for both the professional and the home studio environment. The DRS-8 Mic-Pre uses our well shown as well as enjoyed Classroom An output phase (DSOP-2) coupled with our customized wound transformer, however additionally has our most current innovation in transformerless Course A, Discrete Mic Input Technological innovation which provides a “valve-like” noise. The DRS-8 is the height of over 40 years encounter producing Course A circuitry within the Sound Audio Sector. The DRS-8 is based on the initial Phoenix unit the DRS2, this bespoke product was launched by Phoenix Sound in the U.K. in November 1999, and has actually enjoyed an almost “cult” observing ever since. The Classroom An outcome stage (TF1) was initially designed by David Rees, the developer of the famous Neve 2253 Limiter and also 2254 Limiter/compressor (among lots of additional designs), as a retrofit for Neve modules, and the TF1 has actually now been superseded by the DSOP2 output phase. The Class A, discrete, really balanced, transformerless mic input phase was created to out-perform any sort of transformer input for regularity response, yet has all the qualities anticipated in a high quality Classroom A layout.
- 8 Channel 2U – 19” Rack-mount unit: With 240V/110V mains voltage input selector switch Inputs
- Connections: Combo XLR/1/4” jack sockets on Rear Panel for Mic inputs, line inputs & DI inputs
- Output connections: XLR’s on rear panel
- Additional outputs: 25 pin “D” style connector on the rear panel (wired “Tascam” Standard)
- Gain Range (Mic input): -30 to -70 in 5dB steps With 10dB more available on the fader.
- Gain Meter: LED Metering. 5 LED Meter on each channel (with hysteresis)
- Phantom Power: Switchable 48V phantom on Push-button switch
- High Pass Filter: on Push-button Switch (Roll-off -6dB per octave @ 120Hz)
- Phase Reverse: on Push-button Switch
- Mute: On Push-button switch.
- Mic/Line Push-button switch: Enables Flexibility for input levels.
- Phoenix Audio’s unique Class A, transformerless, True balanced Mic input stage.
- Transformer-balanced Output on each channel: Driven by the Phoenix Audio Class A DSOP-2 fully discrete output stage, each transformer is custom wound.
- Class A (DSOP-2) Output specs . Frequency response: 20Hz to 20kHz +- 0.5dB, Maximum
- Output = +26dBu @ 1kHz, Noise = -90dB @ 20Hz to 20kHz.
- Frequency Response Mic Input Stage: -0.4dB @ 40Hz, -0.3dB @ 25kHz
- All units are wired with PTFE silver military grade cable