Phoenix Sound is committed to the development of Class A discrete innovation utilized within higher build-quality equipment made for both the qualified as well as the house studio atmosphere. The DRS-2 Mic-Pre/DI uses our well shown as well as liked Classroom An outcome phase (DSOP-2) coupled with our customized wound output transformer, however even has our most current advancement in transformerless Class A, Discrete Mic Input Modern technology which provides a “valve-like” sound. It additionally combines our high input resistance DI circuitry. The DRS-2 is the culmination of over 40 years encounter designing Course A circuitry within the Sound Audio Field.The DRS-2 was the first bespoke product to be released by Phoenix Audio in the U.K. in November 1999, as well as has actually appreciated a practically “cult” observing since. The Course An outcome stage (TF1) was originally produced by David Rees, the designer of the widely known Neve 2253 Limiter as well as 2254 Limiter/compressor (among many other layouts), as a retrofit for Neve components, as well as the TF1 has actually now been superseded by the DSOP2 output phase.
The Course A, separate, absolutely balanced, transformerless microphone input phase was created to out-perform any type of transformer input for regularity feedback, yet has all the qualities anticipated in a high quality Classroom A design, while the separate, Course A, high input-impedance DI phase delivers a more clear, more powerful and also much more determined and also open sound that catches all the nuances and subtleties of your instrument.
- Stereo 1U unit: With 240V/110V mains voltage input selector switch
- Class A Output specs. See our DSOP2 Specifications!!
- Outputs: XLR’s and TSR 1/4″ Jack on rear
- Phoenix Audio’s unique Class A, transformerless, True balanced Mic input stage.
- Phoenix Audio’s custom wound output transformer.
- Microphone inputs: XLR’s on Front and Rear Panels
- Individual Earth Lift: Push-button switches
- Gain Range (Mic input): -30 to -70 in 5dB steps With 10dB more available on the fader
- Gain reduction: -30dB push-button Mic/Line switch (Mic input)
- High Input Impedance DI: Mono 1/4″ Jack on front panel
- Gain Meter: LED Metering
- Phantom Power: Switchable 48V phantom on Push-button Switches
- High Pass Filter: on Push-button Switch
- Phase Reverse: on Push-button Switch
- Frequency Response Mic Input Stage: -0.4dB @ 40Hz, -0.3dB @ 25kHz
- Frequency Response: DI Input Stage: -0.3dB @ 40Hz, – 0.5dB @ 25kHz
- Typical Headroom: +24dB on Mic-Pre stage
- DI Stage gain: Maximum of 20dB
- All units are wired with PTFE silver military grade cable