Aurora(n). The next generation interface. Once again setting a new standard.
The new Aurora(n) is a complete redesign of the original Aurora which defined the interface genre. Building on the bedrock of the original, the Aurora(n)
Signal coloration is additive and can kill an otherwise pristine mix. That’s why a colored mix begins to collapse while the transparent mix has space, definition and a level of detail that is simply unattainable with converters that add color and distortion. Lynx’s hallmark sonic transparency is why Lynx converters are being used in the most mission-critical audio applications and in the world’s finest recording facilities. Lynx converters have been specified for their uncanny ability to convert signals without adding any artifacts or color. For audio engineers and producers demanding the most pristine recordings and mixes Lynx is the converter of choice at facilities like Dolby’s new mega complex of audio research, Skywalker Sound, NPR, and the Smithsonian Institute. Lynx converters pass the most stringent tests and shoot outs to become the sought after converters for these discerning professionals. Precision matters more than ever and there is no place for even the slightest coloration or degradation of the signal.
Discrete Converter Array
Some manufacturers use multiple converters on a single chip. While that is one way to fit many converter channels in a single rack space while lowering costs, it comes at a steep cost in performance. At Lynx, the analog signal path for each channel has been designed as a self-contained and shielded circuit. Each channel pair has its own dedicated conversion device. This has many sonic advantages by significantly reducing crosstalk and distortion while increasing dynamic range and performance.
Hilo Converter Technology (HCT)
Design and technology borrowed from the development of the Hilo is used to significantly improve specifications and transparency over previous models while attaining stunning Hilo-like performance.
- Add Channels – Start with eight, sixteen or twenty four channels and later add additional groups of eight channels for up to thirty two total.
- Add Modules – Digital I/O, Mic Pre Amp; More are being designed now for future release.
- Add Connection Method – Thunderbolt, DANTE, ProTools|HD or USB via LSlot Cards
- Add Functionality – Via firmware updates. Just as we have for Hilo and Aurora we will continue to improve the Aurora(n)’s functionality and build in new feature sets.
All new SynchroLock 2™ high-performance sample clock technology provides a whopping 300,000:1 reduction in jitter, 5 second lock time and absolute accuracy. Word clock I/O provides one input and three outputs on BNC connectors.
Aurora(n) 1608 TB
- Aurora(n) 8- plus two LM-PRE4s
- 8 ch preamp ins + 8 ch line ins + 8 ch line outs
- With Thunderbolt connectivity