KRK 12s Review
The KRK12s powered subwoofer is the best match to KRK VXT series, KRK ROKIT series, or other 6″-10″ studio monitor. The KRK12s is created to stretch the response of an existing monitor system to make sure that the low-frequency part of the mix can be engineered. The KRK12s provides the powerful precise and low distortion sound that is the hallmark of all KRK monitor systems.
An efficient and low distortion 225-watt amplifier makes the KRK12s excellent for project and professional studio applications that need enhanced signal pressure. The front-firing bass port and KRK’s lightweight and high strength Kevlar woofer guarantee a dynamic low-end punch. The KRK 12s has comprehensive bass control using a complete phase adjust and reverse, LFE input capability, Internal and defeatable Limiter, and both balanced and unbalanced inputs. Furthermore the subwoofer has an inner crossover which could be switched in and out of the path when muting the sub which permits complete range material to be compared with and without subsonic content. A sturdy grill shields the driver cone and contributes to the sleek look of the unit.
While subsonic frequencies are heavily applied in some musical genres, all studios take advantage of the use of a sub to monitor this low frequency content. With the widespread use of home theater systems, as well as commercial systems in clubs and cinemas – production studios demand the ability to determine and correct problems like undesirable low frequency components, outside noise, microphone rumble and vibrations. The increase of home and project mastering implies many possibly excellent pieces of music are being poorly stood for when repeated on a bigger system. When dealing with subsonic frequencies if they can not be heard precisely they can not be mixed accurately.
For decades, KRK subwoofers have been the option for high definition low frequency monitoring including several of the most prestigious studios across the world. Now, the KRK12s provides a bigger low frequency driver for improved performance that is within the budget of even the most modest home, or project studio. Regardless if you are mixing in any surround environment (up to 10.2) or just planning to upgrade the low frequency extension of your existing stereo monitors, the KRK12s is developed to meet the task.
This performance is brought to you by drivers, enclosures and technology which is custom-designed by our world-class studio monitor engineering team.
KRK 12s Features:
- Curved Baffle Curved front plate design virtually eliminates diffraction distortion
- Front-firing Port provides low frequency extension while reducing boundary coupling and the unique shape is optimized to avoid port turbulence
- Bypass Footswitch Control allows you to defeat the sub and provide full range audio to your recording monitors for use with a standard latching inch mono footswitch
- Kevlar 12″ Driver -High Excursion woven Kevlar driver cone
- Thermal and Overload / Clip Protection to prevent damage
- Volume Control on rear of unit allows a high resolution gain range from -30 dB to +6 dB.
- Metal Grill is standard to protect the driver from damage