Analog tape-based sampling reborn
SampleTron 2 combines the powerful sound engine of IK’s award-winning SampleTank 4 with our industry-leading tape modeling technology to recreate the distinctive, ultra-vibey sounds of tape-based samplers from the ‘60s and ‘70s, along with quirky early digital sample players and vocoders.
This comprehensive collection features deep sampling of vintage Mellotron® and Chamberlin tapes, a collection of new acoustic “non-Tron” sounds with tape processing, and now enables you to load your own samples and create modern audiophile Tron sounds that are uniquely yours
SampleTron 2 overview
- 8GB virtual instrument collection of sought-after vintage and tape-based samplers
- Over 400 tracks sampled from vintage Mellotrons, Chamberlins, Optigans and other rare pieces
- Each preset can load three tracks to split, layer and solo from over 400 available
- Features a collection of modern non-Tron and vintage digital sample-based instruments
- Includes the full content of IK’s original SampleTron updated for legacy users
- Sample loading function creates user Tron sounds with IK’s tape modeling DSP
- Superb rack effects include Channel Strip, Tape Echo, Multimod and new Vintage Plate
- Standalone operation or SampleTron 2 can be played as a library inside SampleTank 4
- New MIDI Learn functionality allows any parameter to be assigned to an incoming MIDI controller message
From gothic to gritty
SampleTron 2 comes with a vast library of over 400 “tracks” that you can load into any preset—up to 3 at once—and then individually process with IK’s cutting-edge tape modeling DSP for ultimate tone-shaping flexibility.
While an extensive collection of new, original samples of vintage Mellotron and Chamberlin are included, SampleTron 2 also shines where it processes our non-Tron material. Here you’ll gain access to exciting new sounds with the choir, strings, brass, organ, piano, bass, and even synths and vocoders that all come with SampleTron 2.