width=”560″ height=”315″ src=”//www.youtube.com/embed/eN4HW-jfJMw?list=UUy99f1AfO7s6a4VWWx4p4UQ” frameborder=”0″ allowfullscreen>
Digigrid DLS Pro Tools™ I/O with SoundGrid DSP Server
DiGiGrid DLS is an all-in-one processing and networking hub that bridges Pro Tools and SoundGrid. With its built-in SoundGrid DSP server, network switch, and two DigiLink ports providing as many as 64 digital inputs and outputs, DiGiGrid DLS gives you more processing power and lets you take full advantage of your existing Pro Tools system.
DLS’s built-in SoundGrid DSP server gives you unequaled processing power. And since you have full plugin integration inside your DAW, you can track, monitor and mix while running hundreds of SoundGrid-compatible Waves and third-party plugins in real time – all with an incredibly low latency of only 0.8 milliseconds.
- Built-in SoundGrid DSP server and network switch
- Two DigiLink ports delivering as many as 64 digital inputs and outputs
- Bridges Pro Tools HD/HDX and HD Native systems with SoundGrid
- Enables seamless use of various DigiLink-compatible I/Os with any native DAW
- Compatible with the SoundGrid ASIO/Core Audio driver
- Compatible with MultiRack
- Connects via a single Ethernet cable (Cat 5e or Cat 6)
- bridges the DAW of your choice (Logic, Cubase, Nuendo, Ableton, Pro Tools Native, etc.) with SoundGrid applications and ASIO/Core Audio drivers and lets you control various DigiLink-compatible I/Os. In addition, you can offload your plugin processing to the device’s built-in DSP server.
In both modes, a single Cat 5e or Cat 6 Ethernet cable will enable you to connect your system to additional DiGiGrid I/Os.
- Internal SoundGrid DSP server (Intel® i5)
- 2 DiGiLink ports with 64 channels (32 channels per port) in either I/O or SGP mode
- I/O mode: DLI acts as an interface connected to HD Core, HD Accel, HDX or HD Native cards; supports Pro Tools TDM 10.x and 11.x (see list of compatible Pro Tools versions) [LINK would be provided later]
- SGP mode: DLS acts as a controller for DigiLink-enabled I/Os (Digi192, Digi96, HD Omni, HD I/O, Apogee Symphony I/O, Lynx Aurora 8, Lynx Aurora 16)
- 2 SoundGrid RJ45 Ethernet ports
- 1 AC input
- 1 Word Clock/Loop Sync I/O
- 1 USB port
- 2U rackmount
- Supported sample rates: 44.1, 48, 88.2 and 96 kHz (176.4 and 192 kHz will be supported in the future)
- Recovery switch
- Clocking options: Word Clock/Loop Sync, SoundGrid (SoE), or DigiLink
DiGiGrid DLS has a built-in SoundGrid DSP server that provides unequaled offload capabilities.
The benchmarks below illustrate the processing power of the DLS’s built-in SoundGrid DSP server compared with Avid HDX.
|Plugin||DiGiGrid IOS||Avid HDX|
|Waves SSL G-Channel mono instances @ 48 kHz||Over 300||Less than 160|
|Waves SSL G-Channel mono instances @ 96 kHz||Over 170||Less than 70|