embed/okb4iJc1Woo” width=”640″ height=”480″>
Hummingbird is a versatile, precision-engineered Class A small-diaphragm microphone that unlocks the tonal nuances of your instruments so you can capture the best recordings possible. With a 180 degree rotating head, Hummingbird fits into tight spaces and can nimbly change positions where others canÛªt.
Featuring a precisely tuned diaphragm based on our acclaimed B1 capsule, Hummingbird is ultra-responsive and delivers extended frequency response. Hummingbird is the perfect studio and stage solution for drum overheads, acoustic guitar, piano, percussion, or any other instrument with fast transients and rich overtones. The only thing it wonÛªt do is pollenate your gardenÛÓweÛªre still working on that technology.
MIC PLACEMENT IS EVERYTHING
Discover new tonal colors of your instruments by simply rotating HummingbirdÛªs head. The unique 180å¡ pivoting head allows you to place the mic at any angleÛÓwithout having to adjust the mic standÛÓand capture the sound most mics would leave behind. Give Hummingbird a turn, and take your recordings from good to great.
Here are some examples:
- Sweep the capsule between the 12th fret and sound hole of an acoustic guitar to dial in the perfect guitar sound, all without having to get up out of your chair.
- Rotate the capsule between the edge of the snare drum and the center of the drumhead to get the perfect snare sound, all without having to adjust the mic stand.
- Pivot the heads of a pair of Hummingbird overheads to dial in the perfect stereo image for drums, percussion, or upright piano.
TAKE YOUR SOUND TO NEW HEIGHTS
The superb dynamic range, balanced character and sparkling high end of the Hummingbird is perfect for reproducing the sharp attacks and tonal characteristics of a wide range of instruments including drums, acoustic guitars, strings and world instruments. And with no ICÛªs in the signal path, Hummingbird delivers maximum sonic detail with the lowest possible noise floor. With excellent off-axis rejection, Hummingbird is the perfect choice for miking drums or percussion while minimizing sound from surrounding instruments.
DRUMSÛÓFROM A BIRDÛªS EYE VIEW
The HummingbirdÛªs agility, sonic precision, and ability to handle high sound pressure levels make it an ideal mic for recording drums. With its 180å¡ pivoting head, Hummingbird makes it easier to get great overhead sounds, and it can fit into tight snare drum or rack tom spaces and get the perfect angle on the drumheadsÛÓa difficult task with other condenser microphones.
- 180å¡ rotating head for precise mic placement
- Cardioid condenser based on the B1 capsule from the heralded Blue Bottle
- Exceptional sonic accuracy and extended frequency response
- Ultra-fast transient response and high-SPL handling in the studio and on stage